After a long weekend of working hard on the project we are finally done. We created a floor plan, 3D model, and a drawing recreation of it. We each had different jobs to do and we all worked together to get it done. While Ashley worked on the floor plan, Sherif created the 3D model, and Miranda drew out the model. Not to be left out, Tucker pulled everything together and created the board that showed all of our work. He gathered everything together and helped with the original plan and the many sketches that went into it. Everyone pulled their own weight in the group and we got everything done in a very nice amount of time. I tried my best to contribute with ideas and pulled this blog together to show our progress. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly to each other, and overall it was a very successful weekend!
When Sherif finished his 3D model of the new plan, he sent it to Miranda to create a drawing recreation of the model. This drawing shows the same plan from the other side. You can more clearly see the ramp from this angle. You can also see the way it would look when multiple people gathered around. The best part of this layout is that it still allows for people to walk by on their way to classes. It creates a very inviting atmosphere and lets people use the space in multiple ways.
Once Ashley pulled the floor plan together on the computer, Sherif decided to create a 3D creation of it on the computer site. This is only one angle of the amphitheater. From this angle, you can see the amphitheater seats leading down, and the ramp on the left side of it. also you can see the doors that enter straight through to the stairs. This also allows people to go straight through to the second floor without having to go down and right back up again. This design would allow a large group to gather on the steps while also allowing people to enter the building.
This is the team working hard on the floor plan.
Once we got our idea and sketched out the simple plan, Ashley pulled her computer out and started pulling together a computerized version of the new floor plan. I found it very interesting to watch her create it considering I dont have any experience yet. She quickly realized that there were a few problems such as the fact that there are a few fire exits by the glass doors that we had to keep in. After realizing these issues we decided to create a ramp on the left side that leads down to the entrance/exit. This would also allow for people to leave and not disturb classes or meetings.
These are other sketches Sherif, Tucker, and Miranda pulled together from the floor plans.
Our sketches of the new entrance design. This design would create the s curve in the building and move the door to the fire exit stairway. the amphitheater would be in the corner of the right side when you look at it.